Supporting South West Events!
OUR STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
To provide support for volunteers in the South West involved
in the organisation and management of community festivals and events.
Smart Events aims to assists organisers improve the capacity for
regional festivals and events, so that community celebrations can
become more sustainable, not just economically, but socially, culturally
Based in the South West, Smart Events provides information and
support in all areas of event management.
Smart Events works by expanding the networking between regional
community groups; reducing duplication, and maximizing the efficiency
of volunteer time and effort.
Community celebrations are vital for building and maintaining
vibrant, cohesive regional communities. Community events present
the opportunity for celebration, business and employment growth,
and the development of skills and social capital.
SMART EVENTS OBJECTIVES
- Reduce the workload for community volunteers.
- Facilitate networking opportunities for South West volunteers.
- Develop communal resources.
- Provide up to date information on issues affecting events.
- Develop a trading network of business suppliers encouraged
to offer incentives to Smart Event members.
- Coordinate South West event and festival promotions through
access to marketing expertise.
- Identify skill shortages and develop training, with the outcome
of improving skills and employment in the region.
- Develop itineraries and tours for transport companies which
provide communities with access to metropolitan, state, intrastate
and overseas visitors.
- Assist with the development of a series of well managed festivals
and events that showcase the strengths and diversity of the South
- Increase the profile and visitor numbers for the South West
- Strengthen the economic potential of the region through events.
- Develop a strong Smart Events membership.
In 2012 Smart Events became a part of Volunteer South West
Inc which is a not-for-profit organisation, and is managed by a
part-time co-ordinator, Denise Sara.
The databases have been updated and the work on the website
THE FUTURE FOR SMART EVENTS
- Continue to keep event organisers abreast of the latest developments
affecting the industry through E-Bulletins and workshops.
- Facilitate skill development in all areas of event management
- Assist in networking opportunities for event organisers and
resourcing potential for events.
- Develop cooperative marketing for the South West.
- Manage the Smart Events Website as a one stop shop for South
- Quarterly Smart Events newsletter to members database
- Production of an event operations guide for events organisers.
- Attract sponsorship to Smart Events
- Facilitate sponsorship deals for events
- Lobbying Government on issues affecting events
- Build on Smart Events Membership